Bronchitis can be treated easily at home and do not usually require further
medication. Even with no treatment, most cases of acute bronchitis resolve
Therefore, treatment is focused on making the symptoms less severe and trying to
prevent further damage. Some procedures and medications are:
- Drinking fluids, wich are very important because fever causes the body to lose fluid
- A humidifier in the room can help decrease bronchial irritation.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, in order to treat sore throat and fever.
- Expectorants are mainly recommended to control the sputum.
- Decongestants are prescribed to relieve nasal congestion.
- Antibitotics, wich are used just in case of bacterial infection.