Ear - ache
Ear - feeling of fullness
Ear - drainage (fluid)
Ear - itching
Hearing - problems
Otitis is the infection or inflammation of the ear. Otitis can be acute or chronic and is commonly classified according to the location in the ear as follow:
• Otitis externa or swimmer's ear. It involves the outer ear and ear canal and is commonly associate to bacterial infections.
• Otitis media or ear infection. It affects the middle ear and is very common in children
• Otitis interna, labyrinthitis or inner ear.
Ear ache is the most common symptom of otitis but does not always occur.
Otitis can be confirmed with the following procedure and test:
- Medical examination of the ear
- Pneumatic otoscopy, which is the standard exam for patients with otitis media.
Otitis Healthcare Centers